PDF - The Spring Sling
NOTE: This is the PDF version. Instructions are in English only.
The Spring Sling bag is a quilted, barrel shaped bag, that will appeal to both traditional & modern quilters, and bag makers alike. This will look wonderful either in bright spring colours, or rich jewel tones with a dark main fabric. It's easy, fun, and very fast to make up.
The finished bag will have a zipper pocket, that creates a second "divider pocket", bag straps attached through grommets, and an adjustable cross-body strap.
This pattern is suitable for an intermediate to advanced sewer. Pattern instructions are provided in both imperial and metric measurements and are geared towards an intermediate quilter. Measurements are given to cut pattern pieces with a rotary cutter, ruler and mat.
The finished size is approximately:
- Width: 11” (28 cm)
- Height: 7” (18 cm)
- Depth: 3” (7.6 cm)
**** You are purchasing a PDF sewing pattern only, not the finished product. You will need the latest version of ADOBE READER to open and print your pattern from your computer.
- 1 Yd. (1 m) quilting cotton or linen for bag exterior, straps and binding
- 0.75 Yd. (0.75 m) quilting cotton for bag lining and zipper pocket
- 22 mini charm squares OR 22 mixed scraps of 2.5” (6.5 cm) squares for the patchwork panel on the front flap
- 12” x 36“ (30.5 cm x 91.5 cm) byAnnie’s Soft and Stable (This size is available HERE, or alternatively, you can use automotive headliner foam. You could also layer one layer of fusible light/medium interfacing combined with fusible needled fleece, such as Pellon Thermolam Plus over top, this may not provide as much firmness and shape to your bag.)
- 0.5 Yd. (0.5 m) light fusible interfacing for zipper pocket
- 1.5” x 1.5” (38 mm x 38 mm) scrap fusible Peltex or heavy stabilizer or interfacing
- (1) 12” (30 cm) or longer zipper (Nylon, closed end)
- (1) “Spring Sling Hardware Kit” or - (1) Small turn lock (purse lock), - (1) 1” (25 mm) adjustable strap slider, - (2) 1” (25 mm) rectangular rings, - (2) 1” (25 mm) or larger oval grommets
- Zipper foot for sewing machine
- Rotary cutter, mat, and rulers, 1 with a clear 45 degree line
- Sewing machine walking foot for quilting
Bag Lock and Snap Instructions:
Click BLUE links for a written tutorial or Click RED links for a video tutorial
- Magnetic Snaps (see the video here)
- Turn Locks and Flip Locks
- Press Locks (Mama, Papa, and Baby Lock)
- Large Bar Locks
- Tongue Locks (Thumb Catch, Press Lock)
- Half Moon Magnetic Snaps
Bag Label Insertion Instructions:
Miscellaneous Bag Bling Instructions:
- Add Zipper Sliders/Pulls to Zippers-by-the-Yard
- Make a Hanging Tassel
- "Edge Connector" Strap Anchors
- "Edgwena" Strap Anchors
- "Long John" Strap Anchors
- "Diamond" Strap Anchors
- "Top Edges" Strap Anchors
- Bridge Connectors/Bridge Anchors
- Metal Edge Trim
- Attach Zipper Ends/Cord Ends
- Metal Oval Handles
- Strap Ends - Pointed & Rectangular
- Strap Keepers
- Screw Together Grommets
Get more Bag Hardware tutorials & Sewing Tutorials HERE.
All payments are completed by PAYPAL, a secure payment method, or Credit Card. We do not receive or store any payment information. The checkout will be in Canadian dollars and will be converted to your own currency after payment.
- Sometimes there are duties, taxes or fees due depending on what country you live in. You will have to check your customs regulations. If you are in UK & European countries, you may need to pay VAT or other taxes that are not included in our prices. All sales are "Delivered At Place (DAP)". Tax is paid by the receiver upon import into your country.
USA has implemented an 25% Import Tax on all metal products from China, which can include our bag making hardware. Please check your import tax. This is a new law and applies to orders over $800. (Since US customers have their order total converted to US dollars, which is about 30% less than the Canadian total, the 25% tax is usually inconsequential. Our customers love our products!)
For Bag Supplies & Preprinted Patterns:
- All items will be shipped 1-2 business days after your order is placed. We do not promise same day shipping, although we try to make it happen! Items are shipped Monday through Friday.
- Sometimes delivery can be somewhat faster, or sometimes a little slower, so please allow up to 15 business days for delivery. If your package hasn't arrived within 15 business days, please email me so I can review your order details. Unfortunately, I can't be responsible for the errors or delays of others in delivering your package but I will do what I can to locate the package for you.
- We can NOT be responsible for lost or stolen packages. We cannot track or replace any UNTRACKED packages. Oversize letters in Canada and Small Packet Air - NOT TRACKED (8-10 business days) to USA, are not tracked, traceable or replaceable if lost or stolen.
- Sometimes there are duties, taxes or fees due depending on what country you live in. You will have to check your customs regulations.
Shipping rates vary from country to country. We use live shipping rates provided by our integration with Canada Post, UPS & DHL. These use the weight of your order and your location, based on the address you provide, to give you shipping rates. The best way to find out what shipping is going to be, is to add the items to your cart, add your address at checkout, and then you will be able see shipping rates before you pay!
For PDF Sewing Patterns: A download link is provided at the top of the "Thank You" page after payment. If you are not able to download because you are at work or on another device, no worries, you will also receive an email with a link back to this page to download your pattern instantly.
For Bag Supplies & Preprinted Patterns:
For PDF Sewing Patterns: Due to the nature of the product, there are no refunds for PDF sewing patterns.
Physical Products: It's important to us that you are happy with your purchase, but if for any reason you are not satisfied with our products simply email me within 5 days of receiving your package. Items must be then returned within 30 days of receipt for full refund (minus the delivery charge). We are a small company and simply cannot pay for shipping for you to return you product if you have decided you don't want it. Please make sure you double check measurements and read product details before purchasing. To qualify for a refund the goods MUST be unused, and in resaleable condition, once inspected by us we’ll refund the amount to paypal within 14 days. Shipping amounts will not be refunded
Downloadable software products
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable):
Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error
Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at email@example.com.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and send your item to:
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
You should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.