Paper Pattern - The Luxie-Lunch Bag
** This is the PRINTED PAPER version of the sewing pattern, and it will be shipped to you!
Carry your lunch, make-up, overnight items, or the entire contents of your handbag in luxury. This is a versatile project that features a wire frame that helps hold the top open wide for easy access. Is it a handbag or a lunch bag? You decide!
Customize the zipped bag to suit your needs by choosing from 2 handle styles, and adding the optional outside zipper pocket.
For a lunch bag, I recommend pre-washing your fabrics and using cotton for the lining so you can wash and reuse the bag as often as you need to. The frames are removable for washing! The foil backed thermal fleece/batting will help keep your food chilled. If you would rather have a wipe-clean lining in a lunch bag, you could substitute the cotton lining that I have recommended with laminated cotton, PUL, diaper liner, or nylon jacketing and use food safe containers. You could also substitute a wipe clean thermal foil-backed batting such as Insul-Shinetm for your lining.
This pattern requires: 1 Set (Pair) Internal Wire Frame, Style B (10” x 3 1/2”)
This pattern is suitable for an advanced beginner to intermediate sewer. Pattern instructions are provided in both imperial and metric measurements and are geared towards an intermediate sewer. Measurements are given to cut pattern pieces with a rotary cutter, ruler and mat.
FOLLOW THE SEW ALONG!! - Cyndi Farfsing, from The Nosy Pepper, has hosted a series of tutorials to help you put this bag together, go to the Sew Along posts HERE.
MATERIALS: Yardages are approximate.
Fabric, Interfacing & Zippers:
- 1/2 yd./0.50 m - Exterior fabric (quilting cotton, light canvas/duck, home décor cotton)
- 1/2 yd./0.50 m - Exterior Accent fabric (quilting cotton, light canvas/duck, home décor cotton)
- 1/2 yd./0.50 m - Lining fabric (quilting cotton or waterproof fabric such as PUL or laminated cotton)
- 1/2 yd./0.50 m - Thermal Batting/fleece such as Insul-Brighttm, Insul-fleecetm, Insul-Shinetm
- 3/4 yd./0.75 m - Interfacing - light-medium weight fusible interfacing such as Pellon Shapeflex SF101
- 10” x 21 1/2” - Foam Stabilizer - By Annie’s Soft & Stabletm, automotive headliner, Bosal in-R-Formtm, Pellon Flex-foamtm (25 cm x 54 cm)
- 1 1/4 yd./1.25 m - Piping Cord or Premade Piping - 5/32”” (4 mm) or larger if preferred
- (1) 22” (56 cm) - Zipper for Exterior Top Opening (#4.5 or #5 nylon bag zipper, 1 1/4” wide, non-separating) - You can use a longer zipper.
- (1) 9” (23 cm) - Zipper for Exterior Zipper Pocket (#3 nylon all purpose zipper, 1” wide, non-separating)
- 1 Set (Pair) - Internal Wire Frame, Rectangle shaped Style B (10” x 3 1/2”)
We Also Recommend