The Aster Handbag by Blue Calla Sewing Patterns (Printed Paper Pattern)
The Aster handbag is a medium sized handbag that comes with a removable cross body strap. You can choose from 2 strap options: vinyl connectors OR gorgeous Long John connectors available in the hardware kit from us at Emmalinebags.com.
This bag has a few vinyl accents including the top panel closure. There are 2 magnetic snaps for the top closure and instructions for an optional turn lock closure. The top of the side panels are structured to allow easy folding inwards when the bag is closed. There are 4 interior slip pockets and 1 zippered pocket.
MEASUREMENTS: 10" W x 9" H x 6" D
- 1/2 yard quilt weight or home decor/canvas
- 1/4-1/2 yard home decor width vinyl
- 1 yard quilt weight cotton
- 3/4 yards foam interfacing (20” wide)
- 1/2 yard Peltex (20” wide) 4 yards fusible woven interfacing (20” wide)
Notions and supplies:
- (2) 18mm magnetic snap
- (4) 1” rectangle rings (if making vinyl connectors) OR (4) Long John metal connectors
- (2) 1” D-rings (2) 1” capable swivel clasp
- (1) 1” rectangle slide (1) 8” zipper (#3)
- (4) purse feet (optional)
- (1) turn lock (optional)
SEWING EXPERIENCE: This bag is suitable for intermediate/advanced sewing skills. It will take about 5-6 hours to complete the first.
PLEASE NOTE: This pattern is in English only. Booklet size 5.5” W x 8.5” H. Pattern pieces are included.