Metal Edge Trim: Style A - Large Pointed - in Gunmetal Finish
I've designed these particular front flap trim pieces to be used specifically with thinner materials and quilting cottons. They can still be used with thinner leather and vinyl, not a worry - but we've created these to only have a 1/8" (3 mm) channel so your fabric will fit in and not be loose like in the wider channels - AND we've done them all with screw holes in the back to secure them on tightly. - Janelle
Use this metal trim in my new Craftsy Class: Mix & Match Clutch Bag Techniques
- Simply trace the metal trim onto your paper pattern piece first, and then ADD your seam allowance on second by measuring with a ruler. This way, you will have the perfect shape and a nice fit.
- Interfacing and stabilizer is recommended in your front flap piece.
- After your front flap is complete and turned right side out, check your trim piece for fit, adjust if necessary, and topstitch if desired.
- Slide the metal bar on again and screw in place - do not pre-cut holes for screws, but put them right through the fabric.
- You may want to use clear, fast-grab glue in the channel to secure. You may need a small flat screw driver to press fabric into the channel if it's tight.
- Show off your gorgeous bag and share pictures on instagram with the hashtag #emmalinehardware.
- Overall Width: 7 3/8" (19 cm) x Depth at Center: 2 1/2" (63 mm)
- Channel: 1/8" (3 mm)
This trim is used in ChrisWDesigns pattern "Chloe's Court"
We Also Recommend