Blanche Barrel Bag by Swoon Sewing Patterns (Printed Paper Pattern)
A stunning, rockabilly-inspired bag with a classic and timeless shape. Convenient exterior slip pockets, a zippered lining pocket, and a removable crossbody strap make it as functional as it is stylish. Instructions are included for both woven and vinyl fabrics. Two sizes included.
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS:
- Small Bag: 11″ wide, 7″ tall, 5.5″ deep
- Large Bag: 13″ long, 8.5″ tall, 6.5″ deep
- 1/2 yard 44” wide quilting weight exterior fabric
- 1/2 yard woven or vinyl contrasting fabric
- 2/3 yard 44” wide quilting weight lining fabric
- 2 1/2 yards premade piping
- 3/4 yard foam interfacing (Pellon Flexfoam FF77)
- 3 yards fusible woven interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101)
- 1/4 yard fusible heavy stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 71F)
- 11” (or longer) handbag zipper (13” for Large Bag)
- 7” all-purpose zipper
- Four 3/4” rectangle rings
- Two 3/4” swivel clips (shoulder strap; optional)
- Two 3/4” D-rings (shoulder strap; optional)
- Fabric glue (Beacon Fabri-tac)
- Coordinating thread
You should already be somewhat familiar with sewing patterns and common sewing terms.
You MAY sell bags you make with this pattern.