Paper Pattern - The Prairie Girl
NOTE: This is the PAPER version.
The “Prairie Girl” Bag Pattern is a cute little shoulder bag that will fit the kitchen sink! There are 12 card slots, plus longer sections for cash and checks in the curved outer zipper pocket. Also in the outer pocket, a pen loop and a little zipper pocket for coins and other items. The main part of the bag is divided into 2 large compartments. If you are looking for a small size shoulder bag that will carry all of the essentials, this is it!
Finished Size: Width - 12 ” (30.5 cm) x Height - 7 1/2” (19 cm) x Depth - 3” (7.5 cm)
This pattern suits an intermediate to advanced sewer.
The pattern includes colour digital drawings and full size pattern pieces that include seam allowances for pattern pieces that are not simple rectangles. Cutting instructions are provided for you to use a rotary cutter, ruler and mat to cut rectangular pieces. Pattern instructions are in both imperial and metric measurements.
MATERIALS: Yardages are approximate. Note: Less fabric may be used if you are not using a directional print.
Fabric & Interfacing: Yardages are approximate. Note: Less fabric may be used if you are not using a directional print. Fabric Requirements are based on a 44” (112 cm) width.
Interfacing & Fusible Fleece requirements are provided with a quilting cotton weight exterior bag fabric in mind. If you are using heavier fabrics, you may need to make considerations or adjustments to the amounts required.
- 3/4 yd./0.75 m Exterior Fabric (quilting cotton, light canvas/duck, home décor cotton, jean, cork, vinyl)
- 1 1/4 yd./1.25 m Lining Fabric (quilting cotton or similar weight woven fabric)
- 3 yd./3 m Fusible Interfacing - Light-medium weight fusible woven interfacing - similar to Pellon Shapeflex SF101 (20” wide).
- 1/2 yd./0.5m Fusible Fleece - Dense needled fleece such as Pellon Thermolam Plus
Zippers & Bag Hardware: GET THE HARDWARE KIT!
- (1) 16” (40 cm) Zipper for the Exterior Curved Zipper Pocket (#4.5 or #5 nylon bag zipper, 1 1/4” wide, non-separating) - You can use a longer zipper or zipper by the yard, the zipper will be trimmed to the required length.
- (2) 14” (35 cm) Zippers for Exterior Top Opening (#4.5 or #5 nylon bag zipper, 1 1/4” wide, non-separating) - You can use a longer zippers, or zippers by the yard.
- (1) 7” (18 cm) Zipper for Inside Zipper Pocket (#3 nylon all purpose zipper, 1” wide, non-separating) - You can use a longer zipper, or #3 zipper by the yard if preferred
- 4” (10 cm) Waistband Elastic for pen loop - 3/8” or 1/2” wide (10 mm or 12 mm)
- (2) 1 1/4” (34 mm) Strap rings (Rectangular Rings, Oval Rings, or D-rings)
- (1) 1 1/4 ” (34 mm) Rectangular Strap Slider for Adjustable Shoulder Strap
Optional hardware items: Rivets, Purse Feet, Metal Bag Label
Notions & Tools:
- General purpose polyester thread to match all fabrics.
- Water-soluble Erasable Marking Pen, or Chalk Pencil
- Rotary Cutting Tool, Cutting Mat, and Large Ruler
- Walking foot (Quilting foot, Even Feed, or Dual Feed attachment) & Zipper Foot.
We Also Recommend