Goin' Uptown Tote (Paper Pattern) by Andrie Designs
Introducing the Goin’ Uptown Tote by Andrie Designs (formerly two pretty poppets)! This darling large tote bag pattern is exactly what you need when going uptown for a day. It’s perfect for showing off your favourite fabric, and the pieced outer panels really lend themselves to any number of fabric/pattern combinations!
The Goin’ Uptown Tote features an outer zipper pocket on both the front and back, giving you quick and easy access to frequently used items such as your mobile phone and keys.
It has a recessed zipper to close, ensuring all your goodies stay tucked safely inside the bag, and an inner zipper pocket also for added storage.
The piping added around the sides and top of the bag are definitely a favourite feature – helping any fabric you use POP and stand out. It’s the perfect bag for goin’ uptown!!!
This bag would also make a fantastic diaper/nappy bag, holding up to 8 modern cloth nappies (all-in-ones), 2 wet bags, a change mat and baby wipes!It is suitable for an advanced beginner-intermediate sewer. All pattern pieces have been digitally drawn. Wary of zippers? Don’t be! Throughout the pattern I give detailed and comprehensive instructions and photos to make adding the zippers an easy and stress-free experience.
The finished size of the Goin’ Uptown Tote is as follows:
- Width at base – 15” (38cm)
- Height – 11” (28cm)
- Depth at base – 4” (10cm)
- Strap drop – 10” (25cm)
- Fabric (i.e. quilting cotton) as follows: Outer and handles – 3/4yd (0.75m), Lining – 1/2yd (0.5m), Piping – 1/2yd (0.5m)
- Light-medium weight fusible interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101) (based on a 40” (100cm) width) – 3/4yd (0.75m)
- Fusible fleece (i.e. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640) – 1/2yd (0.5m)
- Firm fusible stabilizer (i.e. Pellon’s Peltex #71F, Legacy #71F) – 17¾” x 4” (45cm x 10cm)
- Rectangular rings x4 – 1” (2.5cm) size
- Cotton cording – 5/32” (4.5mm) size/size 2, 3yds (3m) long (or 3yds/3m of premade piping)
- Coordinating dress/all purpose zippers – 1 – 7” (18cm), 2 – 6” (15cm)
- Coordinating #5 nylon open end zipper – 1 – 16” (40cm)
- Fabric glue/wash away fabric tape (optional but helps)
- Coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies including a heavy duty needle (Universal size 12 or 14).
We Also Recommend