Carry All Flexi Clutch (Paper Pattern) by Andrie Designs
Introducing the Carry All Flexi Clutch by Andrie Designs (formerly two pretty poppets)! This gorgeous clutch bag pattern is an easy to follow sewing pattern to design and make your very own Carry All Flexi Clutch. Whether it be for day or night, for yourself or a gift for a friend, you are bound to find exactly what you’re looking for within this pattern.
As the name suggests, it comes with several options making it completely flexible to suit your every need. With four different styles of outer pockets, two different types of closures, the option of an inner zipper pocket and the option of piping, you can easily design a clutch for every occasion.
Perhaps you need one to hold your sewing notions? Or a cute little clutch for a trip to the shops, a coffee date or an evening out with the girls? Or what about a small accessories/toiletries bag for travelling or even a medical bag…? The possibilities are endless!
Depending on the options chosen, it can be suitable for a beginner sewer. All pattern pieces have been digitally drawn. Wary of zippers? Don’t be! Throughout the pattern I give detailed and comprehensive instructions and diagrams to make adding the zipper/s an easy and stress-free experience.
The finished size of the Carry All Flexi Clutch is as follows:
- Width – 11″ (28cm)
- Height – 6 1/2″ (17cm)
- Depth – 2 1/2″ (6.5cm)
- Outer fabric (i.e. quilting cotton):
- Body including gusset – 3/8yd (36cm)
- Pockets (fabric, mesh, clear vinyl etc.) – 3/8yd (36cm)
- Bias (if including piping and/or for mesh/clear vinyl outer pockets) – 3yds (2.7m)
- Lining fabric (i.e. quilting cotton):
- Body, gusset and recessed zipper panel – ½yd (50cm)
- Inner zipper pocket – 8” x 12” (20cm x 30cm)
- Light-medium weight fusible interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101) – 1½yds (1.4m) based on a 20” (50cm) width
- By Annie’s Soft and Stable foam interfacing (or equivalent foam) OR fusible fleece (i.e. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640) – 25” x 12” (64cm x 30cm)
- Firm fusible stabilizer (i.e. Pellon’s Peltex #71F, Legacy #71F) – 1” x 3” (2.5cm x 8cm)
- Piping – cotton cording – 3/32” size (2.5mm size)/size 00, 3yds (2.7m) long (or 3yds/2.7m of premade piping)
- Recessed zipper closure – coordinating #5/chunky/long pull zipper – 1 – 14” (35cm)
- Magnetic snap closure – 1 – 18mm magnetic snap
- Inner zipper pocket – coordinating dress/all purpose zipper – 1 – 6” (15cm)
- Fabric glue/wash away tape
- Coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies.
We Also Recommend
Paper Pattern - The Double Flip Shoulder Bag
The Waterlily Waxed Canvas Tote by Blue Calla Sewing Patterns (Printed Paper Pattern)
Paper Pattern - The Gabby Bag
Paper Pattern - The Necessary Clutch Wallet
Paper Pattern - The Luxie-Lunch Bag