PDF - Trifecta Zip Bags - 6 Sizes
Trifecta Zip Bags - 6 different sized bags (3 each for 2 different internal wire frame widths). Create gorgeous, toiletry, makeup, pencil or essential oils bags using our smaller sizes, & even use the larger size as a handbag. This set of easy to make bags is a step up from our popular Retreat Bag pattern, with several more options such as accented top and bottom pieces, and handbag straps. Instructions are provided to put the straps on the largest size of each set, but why not add them to all! Suitable for an advanced beginner.
These bags have an "A Frame" shape, wide at the bottom and tapering in at the top. Each bag opens wide, has a structured top shape & includes 2 internal slip pockets. **EACH BAG REQUIRES 1 PAIR OF INTERNAL WIRE FRAMES - LINKS GIVEN BELOW!!
Includes digital drawings and full size pattern pieces for all shaped pieces. Cutting instructions provided for rotary cutter, ruler and mat to cut handbag straps. Pattern instructions are in both imperial & metric.
Small Set uses 6” wide frames (Use “Style D” frame):
- Version A: Width-9” (23 cm) Height- 4 1/4” (10.9 cm) Depth- 3.75” (9.5 cm)
- Version B: Width- 9” (23 cm) Height- 5” (12.7 cm) Depth- 3.75” (9.5 cm)
- Version C: Width- 11 1/2” (29 cm) Height- 7” (18 cm) Depth- 4.25” (11 cm)
Large Set uses 8” wide frames (Use “Style A” frame):
- Version A: Width- 11” (28 cm) Height- 4 1/4” (10.9 cm) Depth- 4” (10 cm)
- Version B: Width- 11” (28 cm) Height- 5” (12.7 cm) Depth- 4.5” (11.5 cm)
- Version C: Width- 13 1/2” (34 cm) Height- 7” (18 cm) Depth- 4.5” (11.5 cm)
Zippers & Hardware:
- (1) 14” (36 cm) zipperfor each bag from the SMALL SET using “D Frames” OR (1) 16” (30.5 cm) zipper for each bag from the LARGE SET using “A Frames”. Use (#4.5 or #5 nylon bag zipper, 1 1/4” wide, non-separating) – You can use a longer zipper or zipper by the yard.
- (2) Internal Wire Frames for each bag - Style D for bags from the Small set
- (2) Internal Wire Frames for each bag- Style A for bags from the Large set.
Fabric & Interfacing:
- Exterior Fabric (quilting cotton, light canvas/duck, décor cotton)
- Exterior Accent Fabric (quilting cotton, light canvas/duck, décor cotton, light jean, cork, vinyl)
- Lining Fabric (quilting cotton or similar weight woven fabric)
- Fusible Interfacing - Light-med weight fusible woven - Pellon Shapeflex SF101 (20” wide)
- Fusible Fleece - Dense needled fleece such as Pellon Thermolam Plus Fusible TP971 (46” wide) NOTE:If you are using cork or vinyl for the Exterior Fabric/Exterior Accent Fabric, you may choose to leave off Fusible Fleece on those pieces (optional). For a more structured bag: consider substituting sew-in foam stabilizer such as By Annie’s Soft & Stable, Pellon Flex Foam, or adding an additional stabilizer such as Decovil.
We Also Recommend