The Spring Sling PDF
The Spring Sling bag is a quilted, barrel shaped bag, that will appeal to both traditional & modern quilters, and bag makers alike. This will look wonderful either in bright spring colours, or rich jewel tones with a dark main fabric. It's easy, fun, and very fast to make up.
The finished bag will have a zipper pocket, that creates a second "divider pocket", bag straps attached through grommets, and an adjustable cross-body strap.
This pattern is suitable for an intermediate to advanced sewer. Pattern instructions are provided in both imperial and metric measurements and are geared towards an intermediate quilter. Measurements are given to cut pattern pieces with a rotary cutter, ruler and mat.
The finished size is approximately:
- Width: 11” (28 cm)
- Height: 7” (18 cm)
- Depth: 3” (7.6 cm)
**** You are purchasing a PDF sewing pattern only, not the finished product. You will need the latest version of ADOBE READER to open and print your pattern from your computer.
- 1 Yd. (1 m) quilting cotton or linen for bag exterior, straps and binding
- 0.75 Yd. (0.75 m) quilting cotton for bag lining and zipper pocket
- 22 mini charm squares OR 22 mixed scraps of 2.5” (6.5 cm) squares for the patchwork panel on the front flap
- 12” x 36“ (30.5 cm x 91.5 cm) byAnnie’s Soft and Stable (This size is available HERE, or alternatively, you can use automotive headliner foam. You could also layer one layer of fusible light/medium interfacing combined with fusible needled fleece, such as Pellon Thermolam Plus over top, this may not provide as much firmness and shape to your bag.)
- 0.5 Yd. (0.5 m) light fusible interfacing for zipper pocket
- 1.5” x 1.5” (38 mm x 38 mm) scrap fusible Peltex or heavy stabilizer or interfacing
- (1) 12” (30 cm) or longer zipper (Nylon, closed end)
- (1) “Spring Sling Hardware Kit” or - (1) Small turn lock (purse lock), - (1) 1” (25 mm) adjustable strap slider, - (2) 1” (25 mm) rectangular rings, - (2) 1” (25 mm) or larger oval grommets
- Zipper foot for sewing machine
- Rotary cutter, mat, and rulers, 1 with a clear 45 degree line
- Sewing machine walking foot for quilting
We Also Recommend