The Gabby Bag PAPER Pattern
The Gabby Bag features exterior & interior zipper pockets, as well as an interior double slip pocket. Its single shoulder strap is approximately 34” (86 cm) long, but you can lengthen or shorten it to suit your own style. If you’d like to add rivets to your bag, a placement diagram is shown on the last page of the instructions. The Gabby was the April bag for the 2016 Bag of the Month club and now is available for individual resale!
I hope you love the Gabby! She's a fun sew and has had amazing reviews!
This pattern suits an intermediate sewer.
Finished Size: Width - 12” (31 cm) x Height - 9” (23 cm) x Depth - 3” (8cm)
The pattern includes colour digital drawings and full size pattern pieces that include seam allowances for pattern pieces that are not simple rectangles. Cutting instructions are provided for you to use a rotary cutter, ruler and mat to cut rectangular pieces. Pattern instructions are in both imperial and metric measurements.
MATERIALS: Yardages are approximate. Note: Less fabric may be used if you are not using a directional print.
Fabric & Interfacing:
- 1/2 yd./0.50 m - Exterior fabric (quilting cotton, light canvas/duck, home décor cotton)
- 1/2 yd./0.50 m - Exterior Accent fabric (quilting cotton, light canvas/duck, home décor cotton)
- 5/8 yd./0.60 m - Lining fabric (quilting cotton or similar weight woven fabric)
- 1 5/8 yd./1.6 m - Interfacing - light-medium weight fusible woven interfacing such as Pellon Shapeflex SF101
- 17” x 24” - Foam Stabilizer - By Annie’s Soft & Stabletm, automotive headliner, Bosal in-R-Formtm, or Pellon Flex-foamtm
Zippers & Bag Hardware:
- (1) 14” (35 cm) - Zipper for Exterior Top Opening (#4.5 or #5 nylon bag zipper, 1 1/4” wide, non-separating) - You can use a longer zipper or #3 all-purpose zipper if preferred.
- (2) 9” (23 cm) - Zippers for Exterior & Lining Zipper Pockets (#3 nylon all purpose zipper, 1” wide, non-separating) - You can use a zipper 7” or longer - 9” is easiest.
- (2) 1 1/4” (34 mm) - Oval strap rings (Can substitute with Rectangular, D-rings or O-rings.)
Notions & Tools:
- Thread to match all fabrics
- WashAway Wonder Tape or similar double-sided wash away tape 1/4” wide for zipper attachment (optional)
- Water-soluble Erasable Marking Pen, or Chalk Pencil
- Rotary Cutting Tool, Cutting Mat, and Large Ruler
- Walking foot (Quilting foot, Even Feed, or Duel Feed attachment) for your sewing machine
- Zipper foot
We Also Recommend